All TVTC locations will be closed on Monday, January 17, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
TVTC is pleased to announce that we are an Authorized Draeger Breath Alcohol Trainier and Technician Training Center.
Authorized Draeger BAT Training Center
The US Department of Transportation requires training for all technicians performing DOT breath alcohol tests. We offer high-quality personalized trainings for all DOT Breath Alcohol Technicians in a number of formats and options to keep your program up and running. All of our breathalyzer trainings meet the mandates in 49 CFR Part 40.213.
- All Breath Alcohol Technicians must complete retraining within 5 years from the date of the last certification.
- All Breath Alcohol Trainers must complete retraining within 3 years from the date of the last certification.
We offer training for technicians and trainers on the Draeger 5510, 6510, 6810, and 6820. Please call for other specific devices.
Upon completing Breath Alcohol Technician Training, you will be able to:
- Explain evidential breath test (EBT) methodology, operation, and calibration checks.
- Describe breath analysis for alcohol content.
- Explain the Transportation of Workplace Alcohol Testing Program.
- Demonstrate the procedures for obtaining a breath sample and interpreting and recording EBT results on an alcohol testing form.
- Complete 7 consecutive error-free mock tests.
Onsite Training Available!
Group training is available at your facility. Please call for group rates and information. You can save travel and get a discount on group events held at your facility. We also offer training via Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Facetime.
Why Should I Take This Course?
- Clients needing only one service may return for a different service if they know you are capable and certified.
- There are fewer Breath Alcohol Technicians in the market because of a higher barrier-to-entry.
- Companies are more willing to sign long-term contracts for services with companies who can service their every testing and pre-employment need.
- Work at your own pace; whether you are starting your own business or enhancing an existing career in the industry, time is hard to come by. Work on your time and at your own pace.
What You Will Need
Students will need access to a computer with a webcam and reliable Internet access. This course will also require an EBT Device for demonstrations and enough mouthpieces for completing more than 7 mocks (at least 10 spare mouthpieces). In addition, the technician will need to have at least 10 Alcohol Testing Forms (ATFs) and tamper-evident tape if your EBT Device does not print tamper evident self-adhesive labels.