PLEASE NOTE: Beginning December 2, TVTC Mobile's Friday hours will permanently change to 6:00am-12:00pm.
- This event has passed.
NFPA 70E – Decatur
December 14, 2021
Deadline to register for instructor led classes (Basic excluded) is by close of business the day prior to training. Registrations for instructor led classes will no longer be accepted the day of class.
NFPA 70E Electrical Safety Training
Course Code NFP01*
Class Time and Offering – This is an 6 hour instructor-led program which will be offered twice per month at the Decatur Office with contracted classes offered when scheduled/contracted.
Price — $200 Member fee per student or $1500 per class contracted up to 15 students for members
$250.00 Non-member fee per student
Recommended for All Employees including:
- Supervisors of industrial and maintenance personnel
- Equipment assemblers
- Electrical engineers
- Machine Repairers
- Stationary engineers
- Painters, Welders
- Management personnel to enable them to evaluate their company’s program
This course covers OSHA 1910.332* (Table S-4) requirements and includes newly revised NFPA 70E.
- Introduction to Electrical Safety – OSHA and NFPA 70E
- Hazards of electricity
- Arc Blast, Arc Flash, Flame Retardant Clothing and PPE – Primary emphasis
- Control of Hazardous Energy/Lockout/Tagout
- Working space about electrical equipment
- Guarding exposed energized parts
- Training requirements
- Circuit and system grounding
- Electrical Safety-Related Work Practices
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)